1. The contest will be called PEARSON UGLIEST BATHROOM CONTEST. The primary sponsor of the contest is Pearson, 2415 20th Street, Rockford, IL 61104.
No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering, entrant agrees to be bound by these official rules and decisions, which shall be final in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of Winnebago, Boone, Stephenson, and Ogle counties who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. The following individuals are not eligible: employees, contractors, directors and officers of Pearson (Primary Sponsor), Connor Company (Materials Sponsor) or DRDA Renovation and Remodeling (Demolition and Flooring Sponsor) and each of its respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, distributors, advertising, fulfillment, insurance agencies, judging and agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Contest Parties”) and the immediate family members of each and those living in the same households of each such employee, contractor, director or officer.
3. CONTEST ENTRIES: The contest will accept entries beginning on Wednesday, February 18 10:00AM CST through Monday, March 2 at 11:59PM CST. Sponsor reserves the right to extend or shorten the contest duration at its sole discretion.
Entrant may register for the contest via the link posted on Sponsor’s Facebook page or directly at www.pearsonguy.com/uglybathroom. The contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the contest shall be directed to Sponsor, not Facebook. Entrant agrees to, and hereby does, release Facebook and any of its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, agencies, sponsors, employees, representatives, and independent contractors, from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, losses, or causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any injury (including, without limitation, physical injury, mental anguish or emotional distress, and injury to reputation), economic damage and/or damage to property that occurs as a result of, arises out of, or is related, in whole or in part, to his or her participation in the contest.
4. CONTEST FINALISTS: Three contest finalists will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, which determination will be final in all respects. Winner will be determined by highest number of Facebook likes.
Contest finalists will be contacted on March 6, 2015 and announced on Pearson’s Facebook page on March 6, 2015. Each Entrant is responsible for monitoring his or her e-mail and phone messages for communications related to the contest. Finalists are encouraged to get their Facebook friends to vote for them by liking their entry on Sponsor's Facebook page until voting ends on March 9, 2015 at 5:00PM CST.
5. CONTEST WINNER: Winner will be awarded by highest number of Facebook likes. Winner will be contacted the week of March 10. If a winner cannot be reached by Sponsor within five (5) days, using the email address or phone provided at the time of entry that winner shall forfeit the prize. Winner agrees to go on live TV, if requested by sponsor.
6. CONTEST PRIZE: Prize is a bathroom remodel valued at $8,000, which includes the demolition of old bathroom and the installation of new flooring, new toilet, new vanity with countertop and faucet, and new shower/tub and fixtures. Bathroom materials and fixtures are pre-selected and supplied by Conner Company. DRDA Renovation and Remodeling must provide labor for demolition and flooring installation. Pearson must provide labor for bathroom remodel.
Permits not included. Structure issues not included. Subfloor not included. Mold mediation not included.
All prizes being offered are provided “as is.” Sponsor and its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, agencies, sponsors, employees, representatives, and independent contractors, and employees of their advertising agencies or representatives, vendors, attorneys, and assigns are not responsible in any way for any defects, malfunctions, or any unforeseen problems with prizes awarded and SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, FOR THE GOODS AND SERVICES PROVIDED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE FOR THESE GOODS AND SERVICES. FURTHERMORE, IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR, OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, AGENCIES, SPONSORS, EMPLYOEES, REPRESENTATIVES, OR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, OR EMPLYOEES OF ITS ADVERTISING AGENCIES OR REPRESENTATIVES, VENDORS, ATTORNEYS OR ASSIGNS, BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF THE CONTEST.
Prizes are non-transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted. Prizes and value subject to change.
7. INCIDENTAL EXPENSES AND UPGRADES: Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses that are not specifically listed as part of a prize herein and that may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt and use of all or any portion of the awarded prize are solely the responsibility of the respective prize winner. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE IS SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
Permits will be pulled based on city ordinance. Winner will be responsible for any and all permit costs.
8. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY: Upon the request of Sponsor, a winner may be required to return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Prize Acceptance Form and IRS W-9 form. If a winner fails to comply with these official rules, that winner will be disqualified.
9. PUBLICITY RELEASE: By registering for the contest, all entrants grant Pearson the right to use your name, face, before/after photos of your bathroom, and other details associated with entries for publishing and advertising in all mediums. All entries become the property of Sponsor, and Entrant hereby assigns any and all intellectual property rights in his or her entry to Sponsor. Winner agrees to go on live TV, if requested by sponsor.
10. RELEASE AND WAIVER. By registering for this contest, Entrant, on behalf of himself or herself, his or her heirs, assigns, and legal representatives, agrees to waive, release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, and its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, agencies, sponsors, employees, representatives, and independent contractors, from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, losses, or causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any injury (including without limitation physical injury, mental anguish or emotional distress, and injury to reputation), economic damage and/or damage to property that occurs, arises out of, or related, in whole or in part, to: 1) Entrant’s participation in any aspect of the contest; 2) all goods and services provided by Sponsor or its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, agencies, sponsors, employees, representatives, and independent contractors as part of the contest; 3) any act or omission by Sponsor or its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, agencies, sponsors, employees, representatives, and independent contractors in connection with the contest and/or 4) the use by Sponsor or its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, agencies, sponsors, employees, representatives, and independent contractors for marketing and promotional purposes of Entrant’s name, photographs, video or audio footage, and/or biographical information. This waiver, release, indemnification and hold harmless agreement applies regardless of whether such claims, demands, actions, losses, or causes or action arise out of contract, tort, statute or any other legal or equitable theory, regardless of whether asserted as an affirmative claim or as a defense, regardless of when such claims, demands, actions, losses, or causes of action arises; and regardless of whether such claims, demands, actions, losses, or causes of action are now known or discovered in the future.
11. EXECUTION OF RULES: All contest rules, execution thereof, participation, dispute of, and any information pertaining to the contest are judged by Sponsor and are subject to its decision in its sole discretion. Additions to or deletions from these rules may be made at any time by Sponsor, without notice, but will be put in writing and be made available for public inspection. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or amend the contest, without notice, and for any reason, including, without limitation, if Sponsor determines that the contest cannot be conducted as planned or should a virus, bug, tampering or unauthorized intervention, technical failure or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the contest. In case of dispute related to World Wide Web malfunctions, other technical malfunctions, human error, or circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control and/or other mishaps, the decision of Sponsor is final.
12. DISPUTES RESOLVED IN WINNEBAGO COUNTY: In the event of any dispute in any way related to the contest, the laws of the State of Illinois shall govern, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions, and suit may be brought only in a court of competent jurisdiction in the County of Winnebago, State of Illinois. The primarily prevailing party in any such suit shall be entitled to his, her or its reasonable attorney’s fees and costs of suit.
13. COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES: By registering for the contest, Entrant, on behalf of himself or herself and his or her heirs, assigns, and legal representatives, agrees that he or she has read and understands, and agrees to comply with, all of these rules.