Besides the cold and the snow, the lack of humidity during the winter is one of the least enjoyable parts of the season. Did you know that low humidity (the amount of moisture in the air) causes more than just dry skin?
Low humidity can:
• Cause irritation of sinuses and throat. Exposure to low humidity can dry out and inflame the mucous membrane lining your respiratory tract.
• Increase your chance of getting a cold, flu and upper respiratory sickness. Viruses that cause the cold and flu thrive in low humidity. Dry air can also aggravate allergy and asthma symptoms.
• Damage your eyes. Dry air disrupts the moisture balance for a healthy, comfortable eye surface.
• Cause home damage. Cracks can develop in hardwood floors, woodwork and walls because of lost moisture.
• Raise your heating bill. The dryer air leaves you feeling colder, causing you to turn up your heat. The result is an inflated energy bill.
So, how can you prevent all of these issues?
Increase the humidity in your home with an automatic humidifier! A humidifier will create enough moisture and humidity in your home to prevent all of the previously mentioned problems, even if there’s low humidity outdoors.
Pearson now offers the Aprilaire Whole-Home Humidifier, one of the best home humidifiers on the market. The Whole-Home Humidifier evenly distributes the perfect amount of moisture to every room in your home, eliminating the negative effects of low humidity. It can even save as much as 4% on yearly heating bills because it allows you to feel more comfortable in your home.
The Digital Humidifier Control allows you to adjust the amount of moisture in the air to your exact specifications, just like your thermostat. Different varieties of the humidifier are available to fit the needs of all members of your family.
If you’d like to know how you can feel more comfortable in your home this winter, call Pearson!